I have not been in the mood to update lately. In fact, I have not been in the mood for knitting much. I think my post-Olympic whiplash was the desire not to knit. I am getting back on track though. I have cast on for my cousin's baby blanket and I am almost done with the March dishcloth KAL. I have also done 2 repeats on the decrease section of Clapotis so that maybe done sometime this year at that rate.
I saw Brokeback Mountain on Saturday during our Girl's Night Out. It was a wonderful movie - though it was somewhat slow in places. It was such a sad and tragic story and it really got me thinking. My aunt and uncle were married in May 1972 - he was black and she was white. At that time it was only legal in 13 states for them to be married. Just 4 years before I was born my husband and I would only be able to be married in 13 states - that just boggles my mind. I can't even imagine what it's like now for gay and lesbian couples to not be able to be married legally. I think most people in America need to get their heads out of their asses and get with the times - love is love whether it's a white woman and a black man or two men or two women. Ok I am off my soapbox.
Only 7 more work days until I have a vacation day. I plan on sitting on the couch, knitting and watching basketball from noon until midnight. Until next time ....
Glad that you're still alive, and that some good knitting is going on. Hopefully tomorrow night can lift your mood a little? Looking forward to seeing you.
ReplyDelete