I am calling these my Rock Candy socks because that is the name of the colorway. The pattern is the Mystery Sock KAL from Socktoberfest 2009. Yes I started these in October and didn't finish them until March. Now to be fair, I did put them aside for Christmas knitting and then I had my Circle Cloth obsession at the start of 2010 so that took up time that could have been used to knit on these. I probably could have had these finished in a month had I tried. I LOVE these socks. I have been wearing them all day and they are very comfy. The pattern was interesting but not so challenging that I couldn't knit on them during knit night or March Madness games (Go Spartans!!!).
The yarn is Sock Ease from Lion Brand and I must say that I am impressed. The yarn was really nice to work with and feels really good on my feet. This added to the fact that it only cost $10 makes me very happy. Yes I love more expensive yarns but I am 1) cheap and 2) on a very tight budget right now. I wish the color selection was better (there are a few really fugly colorways) but all in all I recommend the yarn and will use it again. Details as always are here and here. Until next time ....
They look great!
ReplyDeleteI gave my Sock Ease away. You make me want to find some more.
ReplyDeletethe socks look great! and really all that matters is that they look and fit great--who cares how much the yarn cost. :)
ReplyDelete