Friday, January 08, 2016

Five on Friday


Here we are with the first Five on Friday of 2016.  I hope you all have recovered from your holiday hangover and have had a happy and productive first week of the new year. My week has gone fairly well but I am glad to see the weekend. Here is what is going on.

1) Clark was not happy to go back to school after 2 weeks off. However, he woke up and got ready pretty easily during the week.

2) We had an issue on Wednesday where he hit another boy in his class. I thought we were over this but it appears not. He has a hard time dealing with his frustration and anger and I am not sure how to help him. What also worries me is that he hid this from my husband when he picked him up and did not confess until I got home several hours later.

3) I went back to knit group on Wednesday which was really nice. I am trying to come out of my turtle shell a little bit. The last few months have been difficult due to some family drama so my anxiety and depression have been rearing their ugly head. This is on top of the normal problems I have at this time of year. I know that getting out is good for me so I just need to suck it up and do it.

4) I am wanting to cast on all the things. I am participating in the Winter Camp KAL with the Canadian Knitter podcast. I joined hoping that it would help me get my knitting mojo back and it seems to have worked. I actually have a spreadsheet of projects that I want to complete and the points they will earn me and it does my nerdy little heart good.

5) One week in and I am doing ok with my attempt to be healthier. I worked out 2 days which is less than my desired 3 but still better than nothing. I am also tracking all of my food through My Fitness Pal – even things like the ice cream I had from Cold Stone on Sunday.  Before if I thought I was going to go over my calorie goal for the day I would not enter the food but I think the accountability will help me moving forward. 

Here are some pictures from the week:












It was almost 10pm on New Years Eve. I was in the kitchen and noticed it got very quiet in the living room.











 
Our annual NYE appetizers and a hat for Clark cast on












 A friendly New Years Day game of Uno
 











Out with my favorite lunch date












Progress on Clark's hat












I like that there is now some light when I leave work at 5pm


No comments: