Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Books Read: February 2018

I am still on pace for my 52 books in 52 weeks goal. I am trying to get ahead a bit so I can relax once the baby comes. However, I remember that I did read a lot when Clark was first born because I could put a book down easier than I could my knitting. So here are the 4 books I finished in February.

1) Every Body on Deck by G.A. McKevett - in this installment of the series Savannah and her crew go on an Alaskan cruise to help protect her favorite mystery writer who is receiving death threats. This is my favorite cozy series but in all honesty it is not great literature. However, I had a bit of a harder time determining who the killer was in this book than I normally do.

2) A Weekend to Change Your Life by Joan Anderson - this book is directed toward women and tries to encourage the reader to take time for herself to recharge her batteries. I enjoyed some parts of the book and I think the premise is important but it fell a bit flat in some places.

3) A Mother's Reckoning by Sue Klebold - this book terrified me. Sue is the mother of Columbine shooter Dylan Klebold and this is her story of the aftermath of the shooting. I tried to take this with a grain of salt since it is from her point of view but reading the book I cannot say that she and Dylan's father missed major warning signs the would indicate that this would happen. It was also ironic that I finished this book 2 days before the shooting in Parkland, Florida.

4) The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin - I enjoyed this book way more than I thought I would. It was interesting look into the world of PT Barnum and his "freaks". It also made me cry but that could just be pregnancy hormones. I was interested in seeing The Greatest Showman before reading this book but now I really want to watch it.


No comments: