Wednesday, August 03, 2022

Wednesdays Are For Knitting and Reading

My knitting mojo has come back somewhat and my reading mojo is still waning. Hopefully if I check in on the blog it will hold me accountable and allow me to make some progress.

Currently I have two active knitting projects on the needles:


This is a baby sweater for my doctor. The pattern is the Seamless Yoked Baby Sweater and the yarn is Just Yarn Worsted in the color Turquoise. I only have to knit the sleeves and Sew on the buttons. I have an appointment with her on Monday so I am hoping to have it done by then.


This is a prayer shawl of my own design. My best friend growing up has had a couple of rough years. She battled cancer in 2018 and has recently gone through a divorce and moved back to Michigan from Florida. She used to teach French so I decided to use this Eifel Tower stitch pattern for her shawl. It is moving pretty quickly - at least once I got the math correct - so I hope to have it to her soon. The yarn is Caron One Pound in Light Violet.


This is the current novel I am reading. I have about 100 pages left to read. The premise is pretty interesting. It appears that this gentleman committed suicide 10 years after his father did using the same exact circumstances. The Detective just feels like something off and is trying to investigate what is going on. I am also reading When to Jump by Mike Lewis as my non-fiction book. I usually try to have one fiction and one non-fiction book going at the same time. 



1 comment:

A :-) said...

That shawl is beautiful :-)