Wednesday, July 03, 2024

Books Read: 1st and 2nd Quarters of 2024

I just realized that I never did a books read post for the 1st quarter of 2024. My reading pace really fell off so there was not much to report anyway. So here are the books I read in the 1st and 2nd quarters of 2024.

1) Christmas in Maine: A Winter Romance #3 by Grace Meyers: not the best books but I wanted to know how it would end (although it was pretty formulaic).

2) Christmas in Maine: A Winter Romance #4 by Grace Meyers

3) You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero: a pretty good book of advice but if you can't deal with cursing you will want to skip this one.

4) Christmas in Maine: A Winter Romance #5 by Grace Meyers

5) Master the Obvious: 74 Easy and Proven Habits to Become Happier and Stronger by Virat Deswal: it was an ok book but provided a lot of advice that is out there in other places.

6) Christmas in Maine: A Winter Romance #6 by Grace Meyers

7) Murder on Liberty Bay: Pacific Northwest Cozy Culinary #1 by Dennis Shock: I liked this cute little book. There are quite a few more in the series so I will probably read more of them.

8) Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill: I know that many people swear by this book but it left me a bit underwhelmed.

9) The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg: I enjoyed learning about why we do what we do but I am not sure there was a lot of practical things I took away from it.

10) Straight Shooter: A Memoir of Second Chances and First Takes by Stephen A. Smith: I enjoyed this look into the career of the ESPN star.

11) Winning the War in Your Mind: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life by Craig Groeschel: a little too preachy for me but there are some interesting insights in here.


No comments: