Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'm Baaaaaaack!!!

So we got back from our vacation yesterday. We had a great time but I am glad to be home.

I will miss this view out my window each morning. We watched movies, read, I knit and all in all we just relaxed. It is great to wake up every morning without a care in the world. I finished 5 dishcloths and 2 bookmarks while up there. I also started the Irish Hiking Scarf and I am liking how it is coming out. I updated my FO blog except for the bookmarks and a dishcloth I am currently blocking. Now I need to get mentally ready to go back to work tomorrow.

We had some great thrift store finds while we were up there. Hubby found The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie the Pooh at the Goodwill in Marquette for $8.99 and he snatched it up since he knows that when the time comes I want to decorate our nursery in Winnie the Pooh. I found yarn at the Salvation Army in Houghton. I bought 8 skeins of Good Shepard Tulip Tweed which is 100% acrylic but is so soft and yummy. I also found 2 skeins if Sirdar Snuggly in my favorite color purple. These are for projects yet to be determined.

When I got home yesterday I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me in the mailbox. I received my package from my dishcloth exchange partner and she really spoiled me. She sent me a nice note, a yummy smelling vanilla sugar soap, some beautiful purple stitch markers and a wonderful dishcloth.


Here's a closeup of the beautiful dragonfly pattern. I don't know what yarn she used but it is the softest cotton yarn I have felt yet. It makes the Sugar 'n Cream feel like sandpaper. Thanks Laurie - it was a wonderful gift! Now I need to get my package in the mail - either tomorrow or Tuesday. I hope my partner likes hers as much as I like mine.

So that's my update. Now I need to make dinner and start on my August KAL. Until next time ....

1 comment:

lauriec said...

You are so welcome!!! I admit it was hard putting something together for a Red Wings fan but we Habs fans can be hospitable every once in a while LOL!!

Enjoy!!!

xoxo