Thursday, September 14, 2006

I maybe crazy but I did it anyway

So I think I am slightly crazy. While I loved the concept and execution of the Knitting Olympics I did get slightly burned out. You could see that by the fact that I didn't finish my project until May. However, I decided to sign up for the Olympics because it was a way to push myself out of my comfort zone and finally knit my Clapotis. I have decided once again to become a joiner to get myself out of my comfort zone. I have been wanting to learn how to knit socks for awhile and Socktoberfest seemed to be the perfect opportunity to push myself into finally doing it. I signed up today and now I need to get myself prepared. I hope I don't get frustrated and burn out like I did before. I need to remind myself that it is only knitting and not to get so caught up in it all. Lolly is such a creative person for coming up with this concept. She is also the brains behind Project Spectrum - which I missed the first version of but I can't wait to join the second version in January. Go read her blog now - she is so talented.

On the knitting front I have finished my bookmark for the exchange so I need to block and starch the thing. I need to plan the rest of the package for my pal but I have some ideas floating around in my head. I am still working on my scarf (which I screwed up somewhere and need to figure out how to fix)> Also, I dug hubby's hat out of the stash and I am ready to attempt DPNs again. The next KAL for the dishcloth group begins on Saturday so I will begin that while I'm watching the MSU football game. I can not wait to get tomorrow over with. I only need to clean the kitchen and bathroom and do a load of laundry this weekend so I will hopefully get some quality knitting time in. Happy knitting - until next time ....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still working on your bookmark even though I've had your book for a few weeks. I haven't been happy with what I've done yet.

I love to join KALs and often fail. Socktoberfest sounds great.

Larjmarj said...

I know what you mean, my first KAL is off to a rocky start with yarn tangling disasters. No where to go but up from here.