Sunday, October 29, 2006

Here's to the passing of the funk - I hope

So I am feeling a little better than my last post and I am hoping that the funk is passing me by. I have actually been knitting this weekend. I am plugging away on fuzzy foot #1. I am about 2 inches from where I will start the toe decreases. Here is a progress shot.


I am actually very proud of myself. I hate picking up stitches so I put that off for a while but last night I just decided to get to it. I was pleasantly surprised that once I concentrated it was easier than my previous attempts. Maybe socks are not to far off for me.

My job is safe for the time being so that is also part of the reason why I am feeling better. However, I am still plugging away trying to find a new one but this time of year is always bad for job searches. Plus the Michigan economy still sucks so there is not much out there and many people applying for each open position. A few months ago a human resources manager told me that in a little over 24 hours after they posted their ad on monster they received over 250 resumes. All this for an administrative assistant position that paid on the lower end of the scale. All I can do is keep trying and hoping that something will open up. Have a happy rest of your Sunday evening. Until next time ....

2 comments:

Larjmarj said...

mmm...purple fuzzy feet! my hub and I were just having the Job discussion tonight. I know what you mean about the economy in this state, it's a situation where if you have something no matter how crappy...you'd better hang on to it and if you are looking, it's tough times. Good luck with the job search.

Dana said...

Fuzzy feet are the BEST way to break into the sock craze! Way to go!