Sunday, November 18, 2007

Confession time

I have a confession to make. I hope my knitter card does not get revoked after this. My confession is that I really do not see the point of having a large stash. Now I do have a stash but it is pretty small compared to others I have seen. I love yarn and yarn stores but I have a hard time just buying yarn to buy it. If I have no idea what I am going to make with it then I probably will not buy it. The only exceptions I can see are sock yarn and lace weight yarns. I do not need to have an exact pattern in mind to buy those. I can also buy dishcloth cotton like there is no tomorrow. I am a pretty cheap person so the thought of buying yarn with no purpose seems so frivolous to me. What if I decide to make a sweater but I do not have enough? Or what if I only want to make a hat and I bought 10 skeins? I guess I will always be the person who buys only for projects. However, like my mama always told me different strokes for different folks. I will save all the yarn for your stashers out there! Until next time ....

2 comments:

Larjmarj said...

What always gets me are the sales.....Ohhhh I'm saving Soooooo much money!!! That's where I lose control.

Anonymous said...

You aren't compeletely alone in your ability to resist a large stash. An old friend of mine would only work on (and have yarn for) one project at a time. And as soon as it was cast off, the left over yarn was given away. I didn't mind... more for me. :)