Monday, November 26, 2007

Lagniappe

So what is Lagniappe? Well it is the officiall kickoff of the holiday season in Rochester. The stores all have sales and give little treats to their customers. Lagniappe is Creole for "a little something extra". Tonight the hubby and I went down to walk around and look at the light show. On a side note, if you are in the area I highly recommend the light show - all the buildings down Main Street have thousands of lights on them and it is amazingly beautiful. Hubby and I went into a couple of stores including one where we found quite a deal. There is a store called Sole Sisters that sells shoes and bags. That is where my wonderful hubby bought me an early Christmas gift.


We got this bag for 65% off! It was originally marked for $81 but we paid $36.50. I love it and hubby is nice enough to let me have it now instead of waiting a month for the big day.



While out we also went into the Hermitage Gallery. They had some wonderful pieces of art but there was one that really got me. This piece can be yours for the low low price of $500,000. I have been to the DIA, MOMA and the Met so I have seem priceless pieces of art but seeing a price tag like that on a piece took my breath away for a moment. Until next time ....

No comments: