Friday, June 26, 2009

Part of my childhood gone

I still can not believe that Michael Jackson died yesterday. I remember being 6 years old when Thriller came out and my mom buying it for me when I got a good report from my teacher (I used to walk around the class and talk to everyone ALOT). I had the silver socks, a make your own glove kit, and a record player with his face on it. One of the few times I remember my brother being nice to me was when he and his girlfriend went to the local video store to rent a VCR (yes they did that back then) and brought home the Making of Thriller video for me. When my parents took me to Disney World and Epcot when I was 10 I made them see Captain Eo about 10 times in one day (my dad was not happy). No matter what he did later on in his life he was a brilliant peformer and had many people who loved him. Tonight I have been watching VH1 Classic and they are showing old MJ videos (right now is Say Say Say with Paul and Linda McCartney). One of my favorite videos is Smooth Criminal.

My favorite MJ song is PYT which never had a video made for it but I found this on YouTube.

May he find peace in the next life that he never found in this one. Until next time ....

1 comment:

Amby said...

"Smooth Criminal" is my very favorite MJ song. :-)