Friday, November 13, 2009

Halfway there

I am half finished with Clark's Christmas vest. I have every confidence that this will be done in plenty of time since I have knit the back twice already. The first one was way to large so I had to rip back and reknit. The armholes were halfway down his torso!


Although the pattern does not show up very well in this yarn I am very happy with how it is turning out. I can not wait to see him in it.

I will be casting on for the front tomorrow. Jerry and Clark are taking a road trip to Muskegon to see Jerry's daughters and grandson so I will be heading to Tina's for her monthly knitting club. I do not get to go very often so I am really looking forward to it. Until next time ....

2 comments:

Nikkis Studio said...

Hi Kristyn, I just saw your cute white vest version of my Kick It Up pattern. I am so flattered. :)

Just a heads up regarding the armhole. It might look large in the "raw" state but you need to remember that you will knit a ~3/4" ribbing around it that will make the opening smaller by ~1.5 inches...

So, don't shorten the upper part by too much. You want to give your cutie pie enough room to move unhindered especially as the vest is worn over other cloth...

Cheers and happy knitting, Daniela

g-girl said...

it's lookin' great! he is going to be absolutely adorable in it!