Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Ten on Tuesday
Our topic this week is 10 Reasons to Use the Public Library.
1) It's "free". Yes you pay for it with your taxes but it is a heck of a lot cheaper than a bookstore.
2) It is a nice way to check out knitting books to see if you really want to buy it.
3) One of my favorite features of my library is the drive thru pick up window. You do not get that at Barnes and Noble or Borders.
4) Movies. Our library has tons of DVDs available for borrowing.
5) The programs. From children's story time to book clubs to author lectures there is always something going on. Although I wish the kid's programs were not mostly offered in the middle of a workday but that is another issue.
6) Free WiFi.
7) Mueseum Passes. When Clark is a little older we will for sure take advantage of these.
8) Community services. I know my library has many services to help the unemployed in their job searches among other services.
9) Meeting rooms - if you need one you can probably get one here for free.
10) Printers and copy machines that are a heck of a lot cheaper than Kinkos.