Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday Hangover

I love Christmas but I always feel like I have a hangover the next day. Our holiday was great. We opened gifts at home and had breakfast. Then we went to my dad's house where we opened more gifts and had our traditional Christmas brunch of Pannu Kakku (Finnish pancakes). As you can see Clark made out like a bandit - this picture does not show the tons of clothes he also received. So far the biggest hits are the Matchbox cars, space station and Play Doh Creativity Center. It took me 90 minutes this morning to get everything out of the boxes and set up. We need to purchase some serious batteries!












Santa was very good to me. I receive a colander, baking stone, season 6 of Supernatural, 2 books - All Wound Up by the Yarn Harlot and The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club by Gil McNeil - as well as a Barnes & Noble and 2 Michael's giftcards. The hubby got some DVDs and CDs along with Starbucks and McDonald's (he loves their Frappes) giftcards.

Today has been a very low key. Hubby went out to the mall this morning to spend the giftcard he got from work. Clark slept in until 7am and then we got up and I worked on putting together his gifts and washed the huge pile of new clothes he received. I managed to knit a little while both boys napped. Hubby slept in our bed but Clark decided that he did not need a bed just a laundry basket filled with blankets.










Back to work tomorrow. Most of the company I support is on furlough so it is going to be very slow this week. I have a few things to work on once my actual work is finished. Until next time ....

3 comments:

g-girl said...

lol! i love that clark decided to take his nap on the blankies in the laundry basket. :) i have that gil mcneil book. there's one that precedes it so i've only read a bit of mine. needles and pearls i think.

SissySees said...

Absolutely precious napper...

Christmas hangover. That's it. Only we're far from done yet. Four more celebrations to go.

hakucho said...

Glad you had such a nice Christmas! Clark is at the perfect age. Enjoy now, because one day he'll be a teenager.....