Tuesday, December 06, 2011
Ten on Tuesday
Our topic for this week is 10 Favorite Holiday Traditions.
1) Watching my favorite TV Specials. My absolute favorite is How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original not the crappy Jim Carey movie). I also love Charlie Brown, Rudolph and Frosty. Not to mention White Christmas, It’s A Wonderful Life, One Magic Christmas and on.
2) Baking cookies. While I complain about the cut out sugar cookies I didn’t make them last year and really missed it.
3) The decorations. I love putting our special ornaments on the tree and also putting up the nativity set my grandmother made for me.
4) Going to my dad’s on Christmas morning. We always open our gifts and have Pannu Kakku for breakfast. We also snack on nut bread, Chex mix and of course cookies.
5) Our Advent calendar. Although this is the first year we have done this I can tell it is going to become one of my favorites.
6) Christmas Eve. While we don’t have a specific meal each year I do try to make something special and then Clark gets to open one gift. This gift is always new PJs and some Christmas themed books that we then read before bed.
7) New Years Eve. We always had snacks for dinner growing up and I have continued that tradition.
8) New Years Day. My mother made quiche for brunch every year and my dad has continued the tradition.
9) College bowl games.
10) Spending time with the people I love most in the world.