Saturday, October 27, 2012

FO: Crocus Socks

Another KAL project has bit the dust. I have finished up my Crocus Socks for the Knitabulls Podcast Sept/Oct Self Stripping Sock KAL.














I used these socks as an opportunity to learn a new technique - an afterthought heel. I do not think this is a technique I will be using often. It is very fiddly and I had a hard time with holes no matter how many stitches I picked up. Plus the traditional flap fits my narrow heels better. However, I am glad I took a chance and learned the technique.

The yarn is Loops and Threads Luxury Sock and it is wonderful to work with. At less than $6 a skein it is a great deal as well. I almost got the whole pair out of 1 ball. I ran out of yarn with about 8 rows left on the heel of the 2nd sock so I had to use another sock yarn that sort of matched to finish. However, I think if I did my traditional heel I would have been fine. I did have to rip back past the heels on both socks and into the leg because I was going to run out of yarn and I was to cheap to go buy another ball when I knew I would only use about a 1/4 of it.

All in all I am pretty happy with the socks and I cannot wait to see how the yarn wears. Until next time ....

2 comments:

Margaret said...

They look great and I'm not sure I can pick out your substitute yarn in the photo.

g-girl said...

well, at least you know you can do an afterthought heel now.