Sunday, December 22, 2013

FO: Clark's Christmas Hat

My kid has quite a large head. He has been in the 98th percentile for head circumference since birth. I like to think this is because he has such a big brain. However, this can cause an issue with finding hats that fit his large noggin. Most hats do not cover his ears and that is pretty much pointless. So this mama took things into her own hands and knit him a hat for Christmas.










The pattern is Cozy by Alison Williams and it was wonderful. You knit the flaps first and the join everything in the round which I really liked. I used the left over Patons Kroy from his socks but I did run out right at the start of the decreases so I used some black Patons Classic Wool in my stash. I actually like how it looks like it was deliberate. I also used the black yarn to knit the i-cord edging. The pattern calls for a single crochet border but since I do not crochet I did the i-cord instead. I hope he enjoys it. Until next time ....



2 comments:

A :-) said...

I have a very big head, too - nearly 23" around, and my Industrial Strength Hat had to go back to the makers to have an additional inch of depth added so it would cover my ears. Tell Clark it's definitely because he and I are brainiacs! Lots of smarts :-)

A :-) said...

I have a very big head, too - nearly 23" around, and my Industrial Strength Hat had to go back to the makers to have an additional inch of depth added so it would cover my ears. Tell Clark it's definitely because he and I are brainiacs! Lots of smarts :-)