1) I have not been watching as much as I usually do.
2) I never realized that Detroit was such a mecca of ice dancing. It seemed like every other team in the competition trains here.
3) I do not understand why they insist on holding the last couple of games in areas that are so temperate and then wonder why there are issues with the courses
4) I was expecting the reporter interviewing Bode Miller the other night to bust out a picture of his dead brother. I know he doesn’t show emotion very often but she was out of control.
5) I am glad that Matt Lauer and that horrible beard are gone from the prime time show. Give me Bob Costas and his red eye any day (and I cannot stand Bob Costas).
6) I want to watch hockey but I cannot stand Pierre Maguire. I keep hoping he will get hit in the head by a puck one day.
7) I always root for Finland if the US is not in it. However, I do not find myself rooting for the UK. I guess I favor the Finnish side of me more.
8) I cannot remember who said it but someone said that skeleton was invented by a drunk guy who didn’t think the luge was dangerous enough and I agree.
9) My favorite part of the opening ceremonies is the parade of nations but I also love at the closing ceremonies when they come in as one big group.
10) There is still that little girl part of me that wishes I could have been a figure skater. However at almost 6’ tall that was not going to happen. My height also killed my dreams of being Mary Lou Retton and a jockey.
Until next time ….