Monday, July 06, 2015

Books Read: June 2015

June was another good month for me in the book department. I finished 4 books for the month. I am still behind on the pace for 52 in 52 but I am not losing any more ground which I guess is a good thing.

1) Little Girl Lost by Brian McGilloway - Detective Sergeant Lucy Black must solve the mystery of a young girl found wondering in the woods covered in the blood and her connection to the missing daughter of a local real estate mogul. I enjoyed this book quite a bit. The mystery was interesting enough to keep my attention and I will read the other books in the series.

2) The Forgotten Seamstress by Liz Trenow - Maria is a young girl who while working at Buckingham Palace falls under the spell of the young Prince of Wales. Of course no one believes her when she is sent to an asylum when sh is found to be pregnant. This was an excellent book. The story crosses back and forth from the past to present day which I normally do not like but this was done very well.

3) The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie - Anne goes to London looking for an adventure and finds herself sailing to South Africa chasing a diamond smuggler. This was the first non-Poirot Christie I have read and I did enjoy it. Although it was missing some of that humor of the Poirot stories.

4) The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins - Rachel takes the same London commuter every day where she looks out the window and imagines the life a couple in one of the houses lives. One day when she sees something that changes everything her life takes a major change. This has been compared to Gone Girl and while I though t was good it was not that good in my opinion. However, it was a good mystery and I did enjoy it.

No comments: