Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Books Read: November 2016



Well it has been confirmed - I will fall short of my goal to read 52 books in 52 weeks again this year. I am trying not to be upset by it. This has been a rough year for so many, myself included, and I am learning that I cannot beat myself up for doing whatever I needed to do to get through. Sometimes I did not feel like reading and that is ok. That being said in November I did complete the following:

1) The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards – this is the story of a young woman who returns to her small home town in New York after living abroad for several years. She stumbles across a family mystery and works to solve the puzzle. This book was not that enjoyable for me. I found the main character to be whiny and unlikable. The mystery was not that interesting and I figured it out pretty quickly. 

2) The Irish Cottage Murder: A Torrey Tunet Mystery by Dicey Deere – the first in the series following the adventures of interpreter Torrey Tunet. This book was a bit much. The murder victim was a horrible person and there is some very difficult material in the book. I will try reading the second book in the series to see if I want to continue reading them but based upon this first one my gut instinct is no.

No comments: