Thursday, April 27, 2017

Think Write Thursday: The Remember When Edition




 Remember the time when you did not feel like a fraud? Remember the time when you felt confident? Remember the time when you did not mentally beat yourself up for the tiniest little mistakes? Remember the time when you knew that you could do anything? Remember the time when your confidence was unshakeable? Remember the time when the future seemed so bright? 

Honestly I am having difficulties remembering these times. I know though that I am not the only one who feels this way. However, no one wants to admit that we feel like a loser. We want to go to social media and post the happy pictures and updates that only show the good things. I am guilty of doing this as well. 

I am getting tired of putting on the mask. I am tired of pretending to be so happy all the time. Now I don’t want to come across like some cry baby. While I do deal with anxiety and depression I am also pretty happy most of the time. I realize how blessed I am. I am so thankful to have a loving and supportive husband and a son who is smart and healthy. But I am human and am feeling a bit in the dumps lately. It feels good to get this out and now I am going to move forward and do the best I can and be satisfied with that.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

What a raw, honest post.

I added you as a friend on GoodReads @Kwizgiver.