Thursday, May 04, 2017

Think Write Thursday: The Star Wars Edition




 For those of you who do not know today – May the Fourth – is a big deal for Star Wars fans. The topic this week for Think Write Thursday is to write a post about Star Wars.

I am a definite fan. Now I am not a devotee but I do love the movies. The original 1977 version is one of the first movies I remember seeing. At the time I did not really know how to read so I remember my mom reading the scrolling text at the start of the movie to me. 

I also remember my sister covering my eyes at the scene in The Empire Strikes Back when Han cuts open the tauntaun and places Luke inside. I wanted my own ewok so bad and thought they were so cuddly. I remember having R2D2 and C3PO underwear. Darth Vader scared me to death. 

I find it somewhat funny that I have such an affinity for these movies. I really do not like any other shows or movies of the sci-fi genre. I remember crying when my brother made me watch Battlestar Galactica or Star Trek back in the day (we only had one TV – gasp!). Maybe it is because I was so young when I saw them that it made an impression on me. I remember wanting to be Princess Leia and putting my hair in the buns like her. 

I have not seen Rogue One yet. We do have the DVD and eventually I will watch it on our projection screen in the basement. I have tried to get Clark interested in them but it has not really worked so far. His father and I try not to be to disappointed.

2 comments:

AsKatKnits said...

Excellent memories! My son called me on his way home from work and we laughed as we remembered watching the movies over and over! May Forth is the best of days!

Kwizgiver said...

I'm with you--not a science fiction/fantasy fan and Star Wars are really the only films of the genre I enjoy.