Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Wednesdays Are For Knitting

Back in March right before the world went crazy I was at the dollar store. I usually take a look at their books and crafts sections because they sometimes have some treasure. On this day I hit the jackpot. I found two novels (which I have since read ad really enjoyed) and two knitting books. Today I am going to review the first of those books - Sock Yarn Studio: Hats, Garments, and Other Projects Designed for Sock Yarn.


There are some big names designers with projects in this book - Wendy D. Johnson, Veronik Avery and Franklin Habit are the ones listed on the cover. The book begins with a basic lesson on sock yarn, how to avoid pooling, swatching and substituting yarns. The we get into the projects. There are 3 sections of projects - one skein, two skeins and three skeins or more. Here are my favorites.

1) Roselein Hat by Franklin Habit


2) Vert Lace Cap by Hunter Hammerson


3) Habitude Lace Scarf by Brooke Nico


4) Furbelow Shawl by Carol J. Sulcoski


5) Alexander Street Hat by Carol J.Sulcoski


6) Bliss Caplet by Carol J. Sulcoski


7) Varese Shawl by Carol J. Sulcoski


That is 7 projects out of 28 that I would knit. There were a few other patterns that I thought were cute but would never make so I did not include them. All in all not bad for $1.

No comments: