Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Wednesdays Are For Knitting and Reading

I have made quite a bit of progress since my last update at the end of January. On the knitting front I have completed the last coaster of the set I was knitting. The pattern is Knit Basket or Checkerboard Coasters and the yarn is Premier Yarns Just Cotton in Faded Denim.


I have also completed the preemie hat for February. The pattern is Bella's Hat and the yarn is Premier Just Yarn Worsted in Yellow.


After that I completed a knitted bracelet from the Nora's Bracelet pattern (Ravelry link). The yarn is Premier Yarns Isaac Mizrahi Craft Little Red in Huntsman.


Finally, I am currently working on a cabled headband. The pattern is Bonnie Earwarmer Headband in Premier Just Yarn Worsted in Mist.


On the reading front I am still reading Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. People rave about this book but I am having a hard time getting into it. It seems very repetitive to me in many ways. I will keep going though because I have found a few nuggets of wisdom to apply. I finished the Christmas in Maine series which ended pretty much how I expected. I also finished Murder on Liberty Bay by Dennis Shock. This was a fun and easy to read cozy mystery. I am now reading Straight Shooter: A Memoir of Second Chances and First Takes by Stephen A. Smith. I enjoy watching Stephen A. on ESPN so I am enjoying learning about how he ended up where he is. 

No comments: