Monday, August 10, 2015

Books Read: July 2015


July was another good month for reading and I managed to read 4 books for the month. It seems that my lack of knitting mojo is causing me to read more.  Here is what I completed for the month.

1) The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood – I am torn about this book. It was an interesting concept but for some reason it just did not resonate with me. I really hated both of the main characters and wanted to reach through the pages and smack them upside the head.

2) Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng – I really enjoyed this book. It was an interesting take on interracial marriage. Again though I wanted to reach through the pages and smack the mother upside the head.

3) The King’s Curse (TheCousins’ War #6) by Philippa Gregory – another look at the descent of King Henry VIII from a spoiled prince to the tyrant king. I do enjoy Gregory’s books but it seems like she maybe running out of material. I will keep reading them though because I love the time period.

4) The Secret of Chimney by Agatha Christie – this was not one of my favorite Christie books.  It was a bit contrived and predictable.
 


No comments: