Thursday, September 03, 2015

Books Read: August 2015

The month of August was pretty much a stinker for me. Even though I felt like I was going to die for most of the month I did manage to read three books.

1) The Summer of Us by Holly Chamberlin - I really enjoyed this story of three very different strangers who rent a house on Martha's Vineyard together for the summer. The author made me both like and want to smack each of the main characters at different times. A great summer chick lit read.

2) The Scandalous Summer of Sissy Leblanc by Loraine Despres - this was another good summer read. While it is the story of a repressed housewife in 1950s Louisiana it is more than that. It takes on the racial discrimination so rampant in the error. However, the book did manage to make me laugh out loud a couple of times.

3) Going Off Script: How I Survived a Crazy Childhood, Cancer, and Clooney's 32 On-Screen Rejections by Giuiana Rancic - the life story of the former E! News anchor. I have been a fan of her ad her husband and enjoyed their reality show when it was on. I recommend this to any of her fans.


No comments: