Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Books Read: April 2016

April was another good reading month for me. I finished 4 books for the month but that still leaves me 4 books behind on the pace for my 52 in 52 challenge. For the month I finished the following.

1) On Mystic Lake by Kristin Hannah - this was not one of my favorite books by the author. It was a bit to melodramatic for me and the main character bothered me.

2) Love Letters: A Rose Harbor Novel  by Debbie Macomber - another enjoyable book in the series. While it is becoming somewhat predictable I am still enjoying the books.

3) An Unexpected Guest by Anna Korkeakivi - this book was unexpected to use the title. I kept waiting for something to happen but it never really came to fruition. It was not bad just a bit boring.

4) Here's the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice by Maureen McCormick - I really enjoyed this book. It was an interesting look at how the public looks at a celebrity and sees their famous character but there is so much more behind them. She did not seem to hold back all the ugly parts of her past which was nice to see.

No comments: