Thursday, August 04, 2016

Books Read - July 2016

Well July was a bad reading month. I had a hard time concentrating - probably because of my anemia - so I was only able to finish 2 books for the month.

1) Carpool Confidential by Jessica Benson - a fairly typical chick lit novel. Cassie's husband leaves her and their two children to start a Barry Manilow review. One thing I did like is that it did not have the stereotypical ending where the man swoops in and saves the day.

2) Harbor by John Ajvide Lindquist - two years after his daughter mysteriously disappears Anders returns to the small Swedish island where it all happened. This book was not what I expected. The cover states that he is Sweden's answer to Stephen King but I really did not find this book at all creepy or scary. I kept waiting for something to happen but it never really did.

No comments: