Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Books Read - 4th Quarter 2020

My reading in 2020 was one of the highlights of a crazy year. I will go into further details in my year in review post. For the 4th quarter of the year I read 7 books.

1) Big Game: The NFL in Dangerous Times by Mark Leibovich- an interesting look at the craziness that is America's favorite game. The book centers mostly around the author's Patriots fandom but most football fans would enjoy this look behind the curtain.

2) One Of Us Will Be Dead By Morning by David Moody - the story of a group of people stranded on an isolated island while a strain of something turns people into rage filled monsters. This one's pretty violent and hard to stomach at some points and the ending is a bit unsatisfactory. 

3)  The Wrong Dead Guy by Richard Kadrey- a fun supernatural cozy mystery involving a mummy brought back to life. Not the best one I have ever read. it was light and easy but I probably will not read more
in the series.

4) The Improbable Theory of Ana & Zak by Brian Katcher - a cute little love story of two opposites who bond during a crazy situation. I really enjoyed this book and it was one of my favorites of the year.

5) The Blood Between Us by Zac Brewer - this was an interesting premise. Although it was fairly easy to figure out the mystery that did not take away the enjoyment for me.

6) The Inevitable Collision of Birdie & Bash by Candace Ganger - another interesting premise. You know what the incident is that binds them early on in the book but that was necessary for the story. I found Birdie to be a bit annoying but Bash was a wonderful character.

7) Class Mom by Laurie Gelman - this book made me laugh out loud at times. It is a hilarious look at the parents you come across at your child's school. Of course the characters are very exaggerated but they have to be to make the book interesting. 

No comments: