Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Books Read: 4th Quarter 2021

My reading mojo went through a major bump at the end of last year. For the 4th quarter I only managed to finish 2 books. Here is what I read.

1) The Air Your Breathe by Frances de Pontes Peebles: this book takes place in Brazil which is not a location I have read a lot about. The main characters were pretty unlikable but that doesn't bother me. It was an interesting look into the music culture of 1940s Brazil.

2) A Darker Place by Laurie King: I had such great hopes for this book and they fell really short. I really did not like the reason for the cult to exist - it was just strange. I ended up not really caring what happened to any of the characters toward the end of the book.

Hopefully my reading output will be better for the 1st quarter of 2022.

No comments: