For the 3rd quarter of 2026 I managed to read 5 books. The is the most number of books I have read in a quarter in a long time.
1) Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck: an interesting look into how to have a more growth oriented mindset. There were a few tips that I was able to take away for myself and the boys.
2) Be Your Own Bestie: A No-Nonsense Guide to Changing the Way You Treat Yourself by Misha Brown: I have been following Misha on social media for awhile now. When he announced his book I knew I had to read it. It is defiantly in his style of being kind while also not pulling any punches. And he also blends in a bit of humor as well.
3) What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast: A Short Guide to Making Over Your Mornings - and Life by Laura Vanderkam: the description of a short guide is right on - it was only about 30 pages or so. It was fine since it was such a short read but there was not really any new ground being broken.
4) Solitary: Unbroken by Four Decades in Solitary Confinement by Albert Woodfox: this book will make you angry. The abuse and corruption this man dealt with during his time behind bars is crazy. I would hope that things have changed in the system I have my doubts.
5) The Charity Shop Detective Agency by Peter Boland: this was a fun cozy mystery set in England. I didn't figure it out until closer to the end of the story. I loved the interaction of the 3 main characters and they way their different personalities compliment each other.

No comments:
Post a Comment