Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Just don't call me Bode

So I didn't finish my Clapotis. On Friday I realized there was no way in hell I would finish so I set a goal for myself of finish the straight row repeats which I accomplished while at Amby's wonderful party on Sunday. I was very disappointed that I didn't finish and had all those horrible thoughts go through my head until hubby reminded me how far I have come. I have not been knitting even a year yet so I won't be to hard on myself. That's what I keep him around for - plus he cleans!

I have no pictures because I am to lazy to take any. This has been a hard week already. I am getting sick again, the drywallers broke our antique mirror, I made a huge mistake on closing Friday that made it seem that we lost over a million - yes a MILLION - dollars on an order, I had to work on Saturday (planned before my fuck-up was discovered) and I taped the wrong channel tonight and recorded Deal or No Deal instead of American Idol. I am hoping things can only go up from here. At least tomorrow I will have fun with the girls at the 'Bou but I will be cleaning on Thursday and Friday - my BIL is coming to stay with us for a week. I love him to death but hate the privacy invasion. I promise my next entry won't be so whiny - well maybe! Until next time ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...what a crappy week! Big hugs to you! I haven't finished my sweater yet either, but I keep telling myself (and JP reminds me, as your wonderful DH does for you) that there's no point in rushing the finishing and having a hack seaming job on a lovely sweater. You and I will finish together!!!!

Kirsti said...

AWww. Feel free to whine all you need to, and enjoy the much needed therapy, coffee, chocolate and relaxation at the 'Bou tonight. (And cookies if Amanda keeps her word!)

Take the time you need on your clapotis. You did an incredible job so far - and are definitely Olympian standard!

AmyArtisan said...

Take the time to enjoy working on your Clapotis - it will be so worth it & you enjoy it everytime you wear it! :)

Dana said...

I'm just chiming in with the rest of the crew! You will be so proud to model your finished Clapotis knowing you didn't rush it for the sake of a deadline. You accomplished so much in those 16 days, and while maybe a bit late, it will still be a very sweet victory in the end!

Hope it gets better for you!