Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I am still alive

I have not been in the mood to update lately. In fact, I have not been in the mood for knitting much. I think my post-Olympic whiplash was the desire not to knit. I am getting back on track though. I have cast on for my cousin's baby blanket and I am almost done with the March dishcloth KAL. I have also done 2 repeats on the decrease section of Clapotis so that maybe done sometime this year at that rate.

I saw Brokeback Mountain on Saturday during our Girl's Night Out. It was a wonderful movie - though it was somewhat slow in places. It was such a sad and tragic story and it really got me thinking. My aunt and uncle were married in May 1972 - he was black and she was white. At that time it was only legal in 13 states for them to be married. Just 4 years before I was born my husband and I would only be able to be married in 13 states - that just boggles my mind. I can't even imagine what it's like now for gay and lesbian couples to not be able to be married legally. I think most people in America need to get their heads out of their asses and get with the times - love is love whether it's a white woman and a black man or two men or two women. Ok I am off my soapbox.

Only 7 more work days until I have a vacation day. I plan on sitting on the couch, knitting and watching basketball from noon until midnight. Until next time ....

1 comment:

Kirsti said...

Glad that you're still alive, and that some good knitting is going on. Hopefully tomorrow night can lift your mood a little? Looking forward to seeing you.