Monday, February 13, 2006

Short Update

First I would like to thank Amby and Dana for their kind comments on my last entry. I definitely felt good to get my feelings about my mom out in the open.



This is my process on my Clapotis. It was a rough start. I actually made that progress yesterday and today so I am pretty proud of myself. There is a hole and the edges are wonky but hopefully blocking will help the edges and I can fix the hole. This yarn (Rowan Felted Tweed) breaks very easily which is hard on a tight knitter like myself. I am liking the pattern and will like to make another one in a better yarn someday. Until next time ....

3 comments:

Kirsti said...

That's great progress - and yes, blocking will fix a multitude of problems. Hope you can figure out how to relax your knitting a bit - it'll pay off, and not just with this yarn. I'm sure your mom's spirit is cheering you on too.

Ruth said...

your clap is looking great so far. yea, learning to loosen/relax your knitting will help too. and i read about your mom in your last entry... with this winter olympics may you continue cherishing the fond memories you and your mom had with the olympics... *hugs* =)

Crazy Knitting Fool said...

Unfortunetly I am just a tight knitter. no matter what I try my tension is always tight. But I have managed to not break the yarn again - knock on wood