Sunday, April 23, 2006

Nice Weekend

So I have had a nice and relaxing weekend. This is especially nice since last weekend was such a blur - I feel that I didn't get a chance to breathe let alone relax.

Yesterday I got up early and actually cleaned! I changed the sheets, cleaned that kitchen and bathroom and was done by 12:15. I bribed myself into finishing this by telling myself that if I got this done I could relax and do nothing the rest of the weekend. That is exactly what I have done - and it is nice to not feel guilty about being lazy. I have read, knitted and watched taped tv shows. I don't think I have ever let onto my secret so here it goes. This all started about 7 or 8 years ago. I was working full time and going to school at night. I would tape all my tv shows (an embarrassing amount actually) since I was not home to watch them. However, it took a long time to catch up - I'm still working on it actually. I am watching shows now that I taped in November of 2004. Bad I know but I hope to get caught up someday. And now you all know my dirty little secret.

I finished the February Mid-Month KAL on Thursday night while watching Supernatural (on of the few shows I actually watch and not tape). The details are already posted over here. Now I am working on the April Mid-Month KAL. Then I will have the March KAL and my Clapotis to finish. I also want to finish the Easy Ripple Shawl from Lion Brand. This was the second project I attempted last year when I learned to knit but got frustrated with it and put it away. I would like to finish it by the end of June to wear with my favorite dress when hubby and I go out for my birthday. We are either going to Chicago or Toronto and I plan to drink my sorrows about turning 30 away. Now I am off to knit and root on the Wings. Until next time ....

No comments: