Sunday, July 02, 2006

My Birthday Gift to Myself

So here I am 6 days post birthday and I am feeling ok. Since it was a special occasion I decided to treat myself to something special. I have been thinking about knitting Birch for awhile and the Rowan sale at Skeins on Main gave me the perfect opportunity to get everything I need. So here is my 30th birthday gift to myself.


The Rowan #34 that holds the Birch pattern and 3 balls of Kidsilk Haze in color #589 Majestic (Amby was kind enough to leave me 3 balls of the same lot).





Here is a closeup of the knitters crack. It is so soft and furry in the ball I can only imagine what it will be like knitted up. Although I will admit I have been to scared to cast on yet but I hope to before Wednesday knitting group.



And especially for Kirsti here is a pic of my turquoise shawl. Obviously I did not finish this for my birthday dinner but I didn't wear my dress anyway. I need to lose some weight before I even dream about wearing that thing again.



Well that's it for now. I have to work tomorrow even though 90% of our customers are closed and several other people were given the day off. I really hate my job. But that's a rant for another day. I hope you all have a safe and happy 4th of July and all you Canadians had a great Canada Day weekend. Until next time

No comments: