Thursday, July 06, 2006

A whole bunch of stuff

So after a hard day at work I came home to a wonderful package. I won the June birthday raffle over at the Yahoo Monthly Dishcloth group and the package had arrived! Along with a wonderful note from the moderator Janet I received 4 skeins of cotton yarn. From left to right is one ball of Sugar 'n Cream in Light Blue, one of Bernat Handicrafer Cotton in a cool variegated shade that reminds me of cotton candy (mmmmmm cotton candy), and 2 skeins of Fantasy Naturale in a pretty aqua and a variegated one in really pretty blues and greens. I never win anything so this was a wonderful surprise. Thanks Janet - you made turning 30 a lot brighter.



Speaking of the dishcloth group, today I finished the July KAL. Here is a picture.



I love dolphins and collect them so this will make a nice addition to my collection. Details are here like always.

Finally, I have a little plug to make. On Saturday from 11am-1pm Skeins on Main is hosting a sit and knit in downtown Rochester to benefit the team they have walking in the 3 Day Against Breast Cancer. For $10 you can reserve your place as well as get a copy of the knit for the cure dishcoth and a skein of CP Classic Cotton. If you don't want the pattern and yarn (but who seriously passes up yarn) you can donate $5 and reserve your space. You have to go into the store to sign up because they can only take cash or check for the donations. If you are free please come down and join me and the others as we fight to help end breast cancer. Then you can eat lunch at the former knitting mill and stay for the movies in the moonlight - they're showing The Wizard of Oz and who doesn't love that movie? Plus I'll be there so what other motivation do you need to come? Please - don't answer that! Until next time.

1 comment:

Kirsti said...

Aw, what a great birthday gift. And I love how the dishcloth turned out.

I might be able to make Saturday - we're doing the music for a wedding at our church in Auburn Hills at 2pm, so it could work out... we had dinner at the old knitting mill last week and it was really good. Great beer too!