Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Good times, good times

So I had a pretty good weekend. Saturday was the Sit and Knit in downtown Rochester put on by Skeins on Main. There was a fairly good turnout considering it was not advertised very well. Christine from the Wednesday group and I had fun. She worked on her sweater and I work on my knit for the cure washcloth.


I absolutely love the this color. The color is not so blue in reality. It is actually a deep purple - it's beautiful in person.





On Sunday I took my oldest niece to see Carrie Underwood at the Fowlerville Fair. I am getting way to old for concerts. We were sitting in the 3rd row right in front of the speakers and my ears still haven't recovered. Carrie was very good though and even kept her cool when 2 lines into her last song the power blew. I guess she will remember little Fowlerville for a while.

Hubby and I leave for vacation two weeks from Saturday and I can not wait. A week of doing nothing but sitting on the dock, taking sauna, watching movies, reading and of course knitting. I am trying to plan out what projects to take with me - I am even making a list so I remember to take all the patterns, yarn and needles I'll need. The only thing I do not look forward to is the drive there and back. Here's the map of the route to show you why the drive is such a pain

It is a haul but it is absolutely beautiful there. I am so happy my grandparents decided to retire to the UP (upper peninsula for you non-Michigan folk). I have many great memories of my summer vacations up there as a kid. We did not have a lot of money when I was young so we probably would not have been able to take a vacation if they didn't live up there. All my parents really needed to pay for was gas and food on the way up and back. Well, I hope you all have a great hump day tomorrow. I'll be at Caribou knitting after work like usual. Until next time ....

2 comments:

Kirsti said...

Sounds like a fun weekend ... I'm glad that Carrie persevered through power failures... but next time, take ear plugs (says the audiology professor). See you at the 'Bou tonight...

Anonymous said...

Oh my God...I know you said it was "up north"...I know you said it was WAAAAY up north...but that's halfway to Alaska or something! Take lots of pics for us!