Sunday, August 20, 2006

Anniversary and a finished book

So today is a very special day for my hubby and me. We met 7 years ago today. Sometimes it seems like it has been longer, sometimes it seems like it has been only a few months. There were plenty of times when I thought we would never make it to where we are today. It has been a wonderful - and eventful - 7 years.

Since I have not had a lot of knitting content lately I have decided to do other things with this blog. One of those things is to keep track of the books I am reading. Today I finished Jewels by Danielle Steel. It is the story of Sarah and William, the Duke and Duchess of Whitfield. It follows them and their children from WWII through the 80s. It is a wonderful love story. I love Danielle Steel books for brain candy. She is not the best author in the world but her books are fun and easy reading. Next up I am reading Gerald's Game by Stephen King. Jewels was the 8th book I read this year - the others were Knit One Kill Two, At Knit's End, Needled to Death, The Shop on Blossom Street, The Secret Life of Knitter, The DaVinci Code and The Phantom of the Opera. Well, I read about knitting a lot. To bad it doesn't help my projects get closer to completion. Until next time ....

1 comment:

lauriec said...

Happy Anniversary! I always remember things like that (the day we met, where we went on our 1st date, etc)

If you're looking for more DS books that have a nice historical storyline try The Ring. It's a really good one!