Sunday, October 01, 2006

I have been doing stuff

Even if I haven't posted here much. I joined the Fiber Flix KAL which I am really looking forward to. Basically you watch movies that revolve around a theme each month and knit a project that suits the selected films. This month there are 3 movies in the film noir genre and I can't wait to get started.

So here's proof that I have been knitting a little at least. This is the September Mid Month KAL for the monthly dishcloth group. This was designed by the list mom Andi and I think it is very beautiful.

Here is another thing I have been working on - stitch markers. These are my first attempts. The needle nosed pliers I was working with were to big so I went to Wal-Mart and got some that are made specifically for beading.

These are the markers I made as a birthday present for Dana's amazing daughter. She had a birthday recently and these were her gift. She is such an amazing knitter that I hope she's proud to have these adorn her work.

Finally I am preparing for Socktoberfest and have been debating what I should start with. I have decided to go with Fuzzy Feet for my first project. While these are not traditional socks I think I will learn a lot from them. It will be an easy way to learn the basics of sock construction on larger needles and yarn. I am looking forward to getting started on these as soon as I can.

Where did September go to? I can't believe it's October already. I love October though - it's one of my favorite months. I love the changing leaves, cooler weather, Halloween and scary movies and specials on TV. Here's to happy knitting. Until next time ....

2 comments:

Dana said...

Her stitch markers were beautiful and I know she's excited to use them whenever she can!

Thanks for your kindness!

Unknown said...

Fuzzy feet are a great way to learn socks. I made lots for gifts last year, and everyone loved them.