Thursday, November 02, 2006

Damn lake effect!

For those of you not from around these parts you may not be aware of the glory of lake effect snow. Basically, when the wind whips across the Great Lakes it produces snow and lots of it. Usually in Detroit we are lucky that we do not get much of the lake effect stuff but today we did. The sad part is it didn't even stick - it just made the ground wet. However, this does not stop the idiot drivers from forgetting that we get the white stuff every year without fail. When I left work today it took me 20 minutes to go, no lie, 3 miles! Now traffic is always bad but it was especially so today. I can already tell this is going to be a LONG winter.

I have been thinking ahead to what projects I want to make once I am done with my fuzzy feet and hiking scarf. I really want to make Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style but I am not sure what yarn I am going to use yet. I also want to make the Fake-A-Gamo bag. Again I'm not sure exactly what yarn I will use yet but I picture it in a dark brown with a dark blue lining sewed into it. Of course at the speed I'm knitting it will be the summer of 2008 before I can start these! Until next time ....

3 comments:

Larjmarj said...

It is amazing the driving amnesia that occurs every year. AHHHGGGHHH SNOW! Hard to pick what to work on next isn't it? Theres always what I want to work on and what I should be working on that seem to conflict.

Anonymous said...

I don't get it?

guess who?

lauriec said...

I've been wanting to make the fake-a-gamo for a while. Have I yet? nooooooooooooooooo.