Sunday, December 17, 2006

Knitting .... There's Suppose to be Knitting?

So you should be clued in by the title that there is no knitting to be seen here. I will be filling this blog entry with the following holiday meme fluff since I am so excited my shopping is done and the cookies are baked! I have seen this several places but I can not remember most of them right now. I remember it at Needleplay so I am giving her all the credit.

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Both

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps - if they are to big to wrap they go in bags (even it it takes 2 taped together to cover it)

3. Fake tree or real? I would love to have a real one but our lease prohibits it so it is fake for us. My family always had a real tree when I was growing up though.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope

5. When do you put up your decorations? The first weekend in December

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Cookies!

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Waking everyone up at 6am to open presents.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What are you talking about? Santa's real!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve? Nope. We did open my grandparents gifts on Christmas Even when I was a real little kid before they moved in with us. I think my parents did that because Christmas morning was always about 3-4 hours of opening and they did not want to sit there any longer than necessary. Of course after they moved in with us it would be 4-5 hours of opening. My family goes way overboard!

10. How do you decorate your tree? White lights and the hodge podge of ornaments we have collected in the last 3 years.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I would be happy if it snowed only on Christmas Eve and day and never snowed again the rest of the winter.

12. Can you ice skate? Oh hell no!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? When I was 3 I got a stretchy Incredible Hulk doll that I loved until he ripped and goo started oozing out of him.

14. What's the most important thing about Christmas to you? Being with my family

15. What is your favorite holiday desert? Cookies!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We go to my dad's house on Christmas eve and go to church with my family. Afterwards we go to his house and have snacks. Then we get up on Christmas morning and open gifts. After the gifts are opened we have Pannu Kakku (Finnish pancakes) before we open our stockings.

17. What tops your tree? An angel

18. What do you prefer, giving or receiving? I love giving and watching people open my gifts.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? My favorite religious song is O Holy Night. My favorite non-religous song is Blue Christmas but only the Elvis version.

20. Do you like candy canes? Traditional red and white ones only please.

I am adding a question because I want to

21. What is your favorite Chirstmas special or movie? My all-time favorite is the original animated How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I also love Rudolph, Frosty, Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story.

Maybe there will be knitting in my next post. Umtil next time ....

No comments: