Monday, May 28, 2007

Time Flies When You're Not Having Fun

Just a quick note about where I have been.

1) I have been working with my doctor about my PCOS and the infertility it is causing me. She had me take a fasting blood glucose test because insulin resistance is prevelant with PCOS.
2) When that test came back my blood levels were high - way to high. Last Wednesday I went to a glucose tolerance test but I have not heard back from the doctor. I have an appointment on Wednesday for another ultrasound and more blood work. She was also going to put me on Clomid at that time but who knows if that is in jeopardy now.
3) Being stressed out over the possibilty of being a diabetic made me come down with the worst headache Thursday afternoon. Then, I came home to a baby shower invitation for my cousin and his girlfriend and that set me off. I hate this crap so much and everyone keeps telling me that everything is going to be ok. I just wish I could believe that!
4) To top everything else off my FIL had a massive stroke Saturday night. He is in the ICU and things are not looking very good at this time.

I am so stressed out right now and I just want to escape from everything. I have been knitting and have some FOs to show off. I have also been tagged for a couple of memes. I just hope I did not depress anyone to much with this entry. I hope another 3 weeks does not go by before I update again. Until next time ....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Take solace where you can, whether it's in knitting or whatever else relaxes you at the moment. I can't imagine what you're going through right now, so I'll just send a {{{hug}}} and pray it all gets better for you SOON.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of all your current troubles. The best thing to do is just try to alleviate some of the stress. What works for me is knitting and exercise. Whenever I feel stressed a good workout or a few hours of knitting always seems to put my mind at ease. I hope things turn for the better soon. Just keeping looking forward and you will get to where you want to go.

Unknown said...

I have missed you and am so sorry to hear you were off-line for bad reasons. Please do what you need to do to feel better and know I'm sending hugs your way.

I'm also dealing with infertility crap and am amazed by how thoughtless and cruel people can be.

Dana said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're going thru all of this. It took me a couple of years to get pregnant, and I too hated all things baby shower related, and other people's baby news. I was so jealous and angry, and never mind what the hormones do with fertility drugs. I hope things get better with your FIL. Keep your chin up, easier said than done, but don't be so hard on yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you Kristy.... Miss you!

Larjmarj said...

Take a moment step back and breathe ...Hugs () () () ()