So I hate to be Debbie Downer but I have more bad news. My FIL passed away on Thursday. It was a hard decision for the family to take him off the vent but I know he did not want to live as a vegetable. He was way to proud of a man to live like that. I went to the endocrinologist on Friday and got the official diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes. He said that I am lucky because we have caught it early enough where my body is resisting insulin but my blood sugar is still normal (on the higher side of normal though). He gave me a prescription for Glucophage, which is a pill, and told me to walk 30 minutes per day and go on a diet. I am actually taking this better than I thought I would, probably because I don't have to take shot everyday. As long as it is under control my Ob/Gyn will let me go on the Clomid and try to get pregnant again. I guess it has kicked me in the butt to do what I know I need to do. Since I graduated from high school in 1994 I have gained about 70 pounds and I was not even that skinny in high school!
So I have been tagged for a meme so I am going to do it and get them out of the way! Laurie, Anita and Amanda for the 7 Random Things meme. So without further ado I present 7 Random Things about me!
1) I will eat bananas in things, like fruit salads or banana splits, but I will not eat one alone out of the peel.
2) When I was younger I thought because my dad's family was from England we were royalty. When I was five I was heartbroken we were not at Princess Di & Prince Charles' wedding.
3) My mom's family is from Finland but I get my pale skin and blue eyes from my dad - go figure!
4) My dream job when I was in college was to work at the Southern Poverty Law Center after I graduated from law school. The center tracks the acts of hate groups and was instrumental in the re-trial of the Medgar Evars case and the case that practically bankrupted the Aryan Nation.
5) In my dating days I dated guys who were black, white, Cuban and Arab. My mom said I was the UN of dating.
6) I believe in God and pray often but I do not support organized religion. I believe there is a lot of hypocrisy in most organized religions.
7) I only wear silver or white gold jewelry. I would love platinum but it is way to expensive.
So next the entry will contain knitting and no bad news, I hope anyway! Until next time ....