So today is my 31st birthday. Oy I am getting old! Today was a nice day considering the fact that I had to work. At least my boss was on vacation today so I did not have to deal with her craziness. Hubby took me out to dinner at Monterrey Cantina in Royal Oak and while we were there we took care of another piece of birthday business. I signed up for the Drop Spindle class at Ewe-Nique Knits next month. I am very excited even though I know this will suck up even more of my knitting time. Marilyn was a total sweetheart and explained the spinning process in length to my hubby. He also said that if I like spinning he will start saving for a wheel for my Christmas gift! Do I have the best husband in the world or what? So I have no knitting progress to show you (I am still working on the baby blanket that seems like it will never end) so I will leave you with a birthday meme.
I saw this on Kimberly's blog and thought it looked like fun. Go to Wikipedia and search you birthday (month and day only) to come up with 3 events, 2 birthdays and 1 holiday that occur on your birthday.
3 events that occured on June 26th:
1) 1819: the bicycle is patented
2) 1870: Christmas is declared a federal holiday in the United States
3) 1976: The CN Tower, the tallest free-standing structure on land in the world, was opened (this is the actual day I was born)
I share my birthday with:
1) 1909: Cololnel Tom Parker (Elvis' manager - d.1997)
2) 1974: Derek Jeter (I know he plays for the hated Yankees but he is still HOT!)
June 26th is also Independance Day in Madagascar.
Until next time ...