Sunday, July 01, 2007

Pay no attention to the knitting behind the curtain!

So I am attempting to distract you from the fact that I STILL do not have a completed baby blanket. I thought yesterday that it maybe finished by tonight however I had to frog about 5 inches when I found a dropped stitch in the decrease section that was not fixable. Oh well maybe with the holiday this week I will finally be able to finish it. However, I do have some pretty pictures to show you!

My knitting buddy Beth bought me a present for my b-day. She gave me this beautiful needle case that she got at Gifted in Beaumont Hospital. This will come in handy when I pack my knitting to go on vacation later this month.



Friday after work I made a Stop at Jo-Anns. I needed a size 3 circular for Icarus (which I will start when this blanket is done) but of course I could not walk out with just what I needed. I bought a beautiful ball of Sugar 'n Cream called Swimming Pool and some black and metallic beads.


Here is a close-up of the beads. These are very Project Spectrum friendly. I plan on making some stitch markers and earrings out of these. Again once I finish the never ending blanket.




Finally, since this PS color triad includes metallics I had to include a picture of the most important metallics I own. I love my rings even though they need a serious cleaning!



So please tune in to next time to see if our knitter has finally completed her blanket or if she has gone insane from the monotony and sold her entire stash. Same knit time, same knit channel. Until next time ....

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Hi Kristyn! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Come by any time :-) I understand how it is with baby blankets. They just seem to go on and on. It helps when you have fun little knitting gadgets to distract you like that cool needle case.

Have a great 4th of July holiday and belated Happy Birthday!