Thursday, February 21, 2008

Tonight's dinner made me cry

Since I am totally exhausted at the end of each day I have not been cooking much lately. However, when I figured out that we could almost purchase a crib with what we have spent on take out in the last 6 weeks I realized that needed to change. So I am looking for simple but yummy dinners. Monday was chicken alfredo, which is amazingly simple, and Tuesday was waffles. While I was manning the waffle iron my hubby made a comment that I am making really simple dinners lately. I jokingly said that next I would bust out my mom's old standby of macaroni & cheese and kielbasa. Much to my surprise he said that it sounded good and would actually eat it (why am I stressing out trying to make him fancy meals again?). So tonight I made Kraft Mac'nCheese and kielbasa (with a lot of ketchup) and it made me cry. I have not had that since before my mom died and it brought back great memories but made me really sad at the same time. I think we will be having this meal way more often. Until next time....

No comments: