Sunday, August 03, 2008

Random Stuff

Just a bit of random stuff today. Remember I do not have a working camera available to me until we move.

- Speaking of the move we have 8 days until we sign the lease and start painting. I am SO ready for this to be over and I know Jerry feels that same way.
- Jerry will be working long hours this week at the PGA Championship so I will be alone most nights until 9 or 10pm. I was a little upset but now I realize that I better enjoy the alone time and especially the quiet while I can.
- I have planned my maternity leave and barring anything happening that will require me to leave earlier my last day at work will be August 29th. I am REALLY looking forward to that day!
- We toured the Ob floor last Wednesday and I am very happy that we chose Beaumont as our hospital. Jerry especially likes the Starbucks in the lobby - that will come in handy if this labor is really long.
- I finished my latch hook yesterday and now I need to figure out how to frame or hang it. If I had a camera I would show it to you but you're just gonna have to wait.
- Finally, today was my baby shower. It was a wonderful day of family and friends. Jerry and I feel very loved and know how lucky our pumpkin is to have so many people who care about him/her. If you are local and looking for a place to have an even I highly recommend the Champps in Troy. The waitresses were wonderful and the manager even opened the back door for us to take the gifts out. One of the waiters, who was off duty, helped Jerry load gifts into the van. These people really went above and beyond the call of duty and it was a wonderful day.

Until next time ....

2 comments:

lauriec said...

How exciting!! Next thing you know little pumpkin will be here!!

Anonymous said...

Had a great time at your shower - actually one of the very nicest showers I've attended. Even if I hadn't gotten 2 inches of knitting done (grin)

PS Tag you are it!