Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009 To Do and To Do Not Lists

I hope everyone had a wonderful time ringing in 2009. The baby went down around 9:30pm and hubby and I were in bed by 10:45pm. Such is the exciting life of parents of an almost 4 month old. Today has been very lazy. We have napped, watched movies and football and just hung out. Now I am ready to write out my goals for the new year. Here they are in no particular order.

Personal To Dos
1) Work on the eating healthy thing.
2) Wear pedometer and try to incorporate more movement into my day.
3) Finally get new glasses and contacts.
4) Figure out something to do with this mop of hair on my head.
5) Read 20 books for the year.
6) Work on learning some new things. Look for more educational, but fun, podcasts to listen to and expand the type of books I read.
7) Take a picture every day and post to Flickr account. This does not mean I will upload a picture every day but I will try to do so at least once a week.
8) Post here at least once per week.
9) Finally pay off those damn credit cards.
10) Be the best wife and mother I can possible be.

Home & Family To Dos
1) Work on better incorporating the Fly Lady routines into my daily life.
2) Work on the mess of boxes, books and yarn in our basement.
3) Bake more things especially bread.
4) Make a super nice meal for the hubby once per month.
5) Take Clark to the park at least once a week when the weather becomes nicer.
6) Research brain building activites for Clark and work on them.
7) Look into local recycling program and use it.
8) Go to farmers market once it opens at least every other week.
9) Work on a small herb garden. Also maybe growing some small vegetables in planters.
10) Make the effort to better balance being a couple and being parents.
11) Research and make chemical-free homemade cleaners.
12) Clean and organize Clark's bedroom closet.

Crafting To Dos
1) Finish Icarus.
2) Start Bombshell.
3) Knit something for my coworker due at the end of March.
4) Work on my beading.
5) Make the counted cross stitch birth announcement for Clark.
6) Finish up my current WIPs (Holland socks, Clark's sweater and dishcloth).
7) Try to knit for charity.

To Do Nots
1) Beat myself up over every mistake.
2) Waste money on stupid stuff like the vending machines at work.
3) Stress eating.
4) Let my perfectionism stop me from doing anything.

As always I reserve the right to update or change this list as needed. Here's to a happy and productive 2009. Until next time ....

No comments: